Yes they are alive, my worms! they lived through the winter OUTSIDE. I just knew that they would not make it, but they did !!!
The other day it was just the right temperature to be outside in the spring weather. So... over to the "box of worms" I walked slowly, I reach out, grab the "turning fork" and lifted a little bit of the compost, no nothing, OK go deeper into the compost, OK holding my breath, here goes,....lifting up a Big fork of compost, turning it back and THERE THEY were! Six to eight of them just lying there being worms then they started to move around, I let out my breath that I had been holding, with a sigh of relief and did a little HaPpY DaNcE.
Oh yea, its my birthday, oh yea, hand pump in the air, little side step, back to the other side, and around, oh yea, shoulder up ,shoulder down, oh yea.
Satisfied with my ability to "grow worms" I put the fork down and back to the house with a bit of a swagger in my step.
No comments:
Post a Comment